Old Town Málaga Tour
A walk through the city’s essentials
- Visit Old Town Málaga with an official guide on a tour of the places you absolutely must see.
- You can choose to visit the interior of the monument or museum you want.
- Visit time is adapted to the type of visit you choose: only the Old Town, or combined with a monument or museum.
- With both options you will walk around Old Town Málaga at your own pace, with time to contemplate the monuments and take some pictures comfortably.
Málaga la Bella welcomes you at any time of the year.
Málaga offers you the best it has in a tour in which you will understand why they say that this is one of the best cities in the world to live in.
The visit begins on Calle Larios, the backbone of the old town, with its perfect symmetry that continues to fascinate even the locals.
If you look towards the end of the street, you will see a large waving flag at Plaza de la Constitución.
The locals still call it Plaza de José Antonio; don’t worry if you don’t get it, we’ll tell you about it during the visit.
From here we will turn towards Pasaje Chinitas, where the famous Café Chinitas was located. It was once popular among renowned personalities such as the great Federico García Lorca.
Back in the 21st century, it was also quite easy to bump into a late comedian we locals still miss very much, Chiquito de la Calzada.
From here we will go on to contemplate the Cathedral of Málaga and Plaza del Obispo, a very harmonious couple with centuries of history on their shoulders.
We will visit Calle Alcazabilla, which is only 230 metres long and is home to the Roman Theatre and the Alcazaba of Málaga.
Two must see monuments!
We will follow in the footsteps of a local artist you may be familiar with, Pablo Ruiz Picasso. We will stop to greet him at Plaza de la Merced and take a look at the emblematic Church of Santiago, one of the most beloved churches in Málaga.
This guided tour through Old Town Málaga ends at the Bellavista Palace, home of the Picasso Museum in Málaga.
And if you like the idea, we can visit one of these monuments or museums.
- Meeting point in Calle Larios or at your accommodation
- Calle Larios
- Plaza de la Constitución
- Pasaje Chinitas
- Plaza del Obispo
- Málaga Cathedral
- Calle Alcazabilla
- Plaza de la Merced
- Church of Santiago
- Picasso Museum in Málaga
- Visit of a monument or museum (optional)
Choose your preferred option
You can visit only the Old Town or the Old Town + one monument or museum.
Certified local guide just for you
Literally for you: to answer your questions, provide recommendations and help.
So you can explore at your own pace without missing out on any detail and also keep a safe distance at all times.
You set the pace
You will have time to contemplate the monuments and take photos. No rush.
No person left behind, the points of interest are adapted for people with reduced mobility, with the exception of some areas of the Alcazaba.
Cancel free of charge
If your plans change at least 48 hours before the visit, you will get a refund.
With all the safety measures, of course
Keep a safe distance from the guide and people outside the group.
Use hydroalcoholic gel as often as necessary; it will be available to you throughout the tour.
Wear your face mask at all times, both outdoors and inside the monuments.
We also adapt the maximum number of people per group according to the regulations applicable at any given time.
Everything you need to know about this guided tour of Málaga
- Certified local guide in English; ask us for other languages.
- Radio guides for all participants.
- Pick up at your accommodation in the old town.
- Tickets to the old town monument or museum of your choice (only if you choose the combined option).
- Visits inside the buildings.
- Round trip transportation to the city.
- Food and/or drinks.
- Málaga enjoys bright sunshine 300 days a year, so wear sunscreen, even in winter!
- You will probably also need your sunglasses.
- Although the distances are not long, bring comfortable shoes, you will feel much better.
- As for clothing, remember that the climate in the city is temperate. In winter it’s around 14ºC and in summer it’s 28ºC.
- Don’t forget to bring a bottle of water with you; if it’s plastic-free, our city appreciate it.
Where do you want to meet?
We can pick you up from your accommodation in Old Town Málaga or at the meeting point at the Marqués de Larios Monument in Calle Larios.
We are easy to spot: we always carry a sign with the CM City Tours logo on it.
So, what do you say: will you come on the guided tour of Old Town Málaga?
The tour in a nutshell
Two-hour visit to discover Málaga’s essentials
Enjoy the tour at your own pace, with time for whatever you want.
Have a certified local guide just for you, with all safety precautions.
Do you have any questions?
Answer them here
Are tickets included?
Yes, the tickets are included in this guided tour of the Roman Theatre and the Alcazaba.
Where do I meet the guide?
If you are staying in Old Town Málaga, the guide can pick you up there.
Otherwise, you can find us at the agreed time in Calle Larios, in front of the Marqués de Larios Monument.
To find us, simply look for the sign with the CM City Tours logo.
For your convenience, we will send you the contact details of your guide when you confirm your visit.
What if I have a last-minute change of plans?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp 625 92 41 96 to let us know. We’ll find the best possible solution.
Will the tour be cancelled if it rains or the weather is bad?
The visit will take place unless there are official weather warnings. In that case, we will contact you beforehand to inform you and reschedule the visit.
Can I bring my pet on this guided tour of Old Town Málaga?
You can if you choose the Only Old Town option! We are not going into any building, so you can bring your furry friend with you.
However, if you choose the Combined Visit, you cannot bring your pet, because animals are not allowed inside the monuments.
Then book now